- Smart Watch Payments and Digital Wallets in the Philippines - June 8, 2023
- Front-Load vs. Top-Load Washing Machines - May 25, 2023
- Pros And Cons Of Wireless Charging Power Banks - May 10, 2023
Last Updated on
Looking for a new cordless vacuum cleaner? Not sure which one to get? This cordless vacuum cleaner buying guide will help you choose the right one for your needs. Cordless vacuum cleaners are becoming increasingly popular. They are convenient and easy to use. But with so many different models on the market, it can be hard to know which one to choose.
This buying guide will help you understand the different features of cordless vacuum cleaners and what to look for when making your purchase. We’ll also recommend some of our favorite models.
How Does Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Work?
A cordless vacuum cleaner is a battery-operated vacuum cleaner that does not require a cord to be plugged into an outlet for operation. Cordless vacuum cleaners typically use either lithium-ion batteries or nickel-cadmium batteries. Lithium-ion batteries are newer and more expensive, but they hold a charge longer than nickel-cadmium batteries.
Cordless vacuum cleaners work by using a battery to power a small electric motor. The electric motor spins a brush roll, which agitates the carpet or floor and helps to loosen and lift dirt and debris. The dirt and debris are then suctioned into the vacuum cleaner’s dustbin.
Cordless vacuum cleaners are convenient because they are lightweight and portable. They are also ideal for cleaning small spaces or for spot cleaning. However, cordless vacuum cleaners typically have shorter run times than corded vacuum cleaners and they may not have as much suction power.
Things to Consider When Buying a Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Where will you use it?
The first thing you need to consider when buying a cordless vacuum is where you’ll be using it. If you only need to vacuum your home occasionally, then a handheld vacuum might be all you need. But if you have a large home or need to vacuum regularly, then you’ll need a stick vacuum.
Here are some things to keep in mind when deciding where you will use your cordless vacuum:
– If you have pets, you will need a model that can handle pet hair. Some vacuums even come with special attachments for removing pet hair.
– If you have hardwood floors, you will need a model that is gentle on them and can pick up dust without scratching the surface.
– If you have a lot of stairs, you will need a model that is lightweight and easy to carry.
– If you have a large home, you will need a model with a long battery life so that you can vacuum the entire house on one charge.
Keep these things in mind when deciding where you will use your cordless vacuum and it will help you narrow down your choices.
How much power do you need?
Next, you need to consider how much power you need. If you have a lot of carpeting, you’ll need a vacuum with more suction. But if you have mostly hardwood floors, you can get away with a less powerful vacuum.
Stick vs. Handheld
Another thing to consider is whether you want a stick vacuum or a handheld vacuum. Stick vacuums are great for vacuuming large areas quickly. But they can be difficult to maneuver around furniture. Handheld vacuums are more maneuverable, but they can’t hold as much dirt and debris.
Bagged vs. Bagless
Another key decision is whether you want a bagged or bagless vacuum. Bagged vacuums are great for people with allergies because they trap all the dirt and dust in a bag. But they can be more expensive to maintain. Bagless vacuums are less expensive to maintain, but they can spew dust and dirt back into the air when you empty them.
Lithium Ion vs. Nickel Battery
One final thing to consider is the type of battery you want. Lithium-ion batteries are more expensive, but they hold a charge longer. Nickel batteries are less expensive, but they need to be replaced more often.
HEPA Filter – do you really need it?
A HEPA filter is a high-efficiency particulate air filter. It is usually used in vacuum cleaners to remove small particles from the air, such as dust and pollen. HEPA filters are designed to trap particles as small as 0.3 microns in diameter. This means that they are very effective at removing allergens and other small particles from the air. There are two types of HEPA filters: true HEPA and HEPA-type. True HEPA filters are made of glass fibers, while HEPA-type filters are made of paper or other materials. While both types of filters are effective at removing allergens, true HEPA filters are more expensive and have a shorter lifespan than HEPA-type filters.
So, do you really need a HEPA filter in your vacuum cleaner?
If you have allergies or other respiratory problems, then a HEPA filter can help to improve the air quality in your home and reduce your symptoms. If you don’t have any health problems, then a HEPA filter is not essential. However, it can still help to trap small particles and keep your vacuum cleaner working efficiently.
Other things to look out for
1. A crevice tool – if you have hardwood floors or tight spaces that are hard to reach, a crevice tool can be a lifesaver. Most cordless vacuums come with one, but it’s always worth double-checking.
2. A dusting brush – this is another great tool for hardwood floors or tight spaces. It’s also great for dusting furniture and baseboards.
3. A motorized brush – if you have pets, a motorized brush can be a godsend. It will help to loosen and remove pet hair from your carpets and upholstery.
4. A detachable hand vac – this is a great feature if you need to vacuum your car or clean up small messes. Most cordless vacuums have a detachable hand vac, but it’s always worth double-checking.
5. A self-cleaning filter – if you have allergies, a self-cleaning filter can be a lifesaver. It will help to remove allergens from the air and keep them from recirculating.
6. A docking station – if you have a small home, a docking station can be a great way to save space. You won’t have to worry about storing the vacuum when you’re not using it.
A cordless vacuum cleaner is a great choice for anyone looking for a powerful, yet convenient, way to clean their home. There are a few things to consider before purchasing a cordless vacuum, such as where you’ll be using it, how much power you need, and what type of filter you prefer. Our recommended cordless vacuum cleaners are powerful and easy to use, making them a great choice for anyone looking for a hassle-free way to clean their home.